Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch
Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch, Virgin Wood Fiber Mulch, 50 lb Bag
WOOD-LOK 100 is packaged in 50lb bags and is a natural virgin wood fiber mulch for use in hydraulic planting. Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch is a high quality 100% wood fiber hydroseeding mulch manufactured under constant production control checks. Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch is manufactured in size and texture for optimum performance through a fiberization process that involves high temperature, steam, dying, drying and packaging.
Wood-Lok 100 Hydromulch is manufactured from virgin, fresh cut, selected, clean pine and poplar wood chips and meets or exceeds specifications and standards typical for Wood Fiber Hydromulch. When Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch is applied the fibers twist and lock with each other as they cure. This forms a protective mulch mat that aids in erosion control, holding the seeds in place, and providing an excellent environment for seed germination.
Applegate Mulch Wood-Lok 100 HydroMulch is designed to load quickly in hydroseeding equipment. The fibers are sized for maximum loading in the tank and will produce a homogeneous slurry with the water, seed and fertilizer. Wood-Lok 100 will go into slurry suspension during the mixing process and will remain in suspension during the application process. Wood-Lok 100 is green in color allowing for visible application assistance at maximum pumping distances. This allows the operator to apply an even application of material.
Applegate Wood-Lok 100 Recommended Application and Loading Rates
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM APPLICATION RATE: 1,500 pounds per acre on flat to 5H:1V slopes
TANK LOADING RATE: 50 lbs per 100 gallon of water for tower gun application 45 lbs per 100 gallon of water for hose application
Applegate Wood-Lok 100 Specifications
- Moisture content: 12.0%±3.0% nOrganic matter (oven dried basis): 99.3%±0.2%
- Ash content (oven dried basis): 0.7%±0.2%
- Average pH @ 3% concentration: 4.8±0.5
- Water holding capacity (per 100 grams oven dry fiber): min 1,250 gms.
- Color: Green
- Material Safety Data Class: Naturally occurring material
Applegate Wood-Lok 100 Additional Features
- Made from selected, fresh cut, clean, whole wood chips
- Wood fibers stay in uniform suspension and blend with seed and fertilizer
- High loading and enters into the slurry quickly
- Forms a stable mulch mat that will hold the seed in place
- Provides a favorable microclimate for seed germination
- Helps establish grasses for erosion control, as well as fine turf
- Green dye assists in even application
- Wood-Lok 100 has no growth inhibiting factors
- Wood Fibers decompose after plants have established